STEAM POWERED GIRAFFE

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Entry #5 - ASU To Offer Shorter Classes

In January at Arizona State University, the amount of 7.5 week classes will increase dramatically. This will be more cost efficient for the students and will allow them to complete their degree in about half the time compared to students taking full 15 week classes. According to this article, the university hopes to draw in more students and make classes more flexible for both them and faculty.


Will this truly be a better thing for the students at ASU? Being a college student in an shortened English class myself, I can honestly say that it is a lot of work. It would be extremely difficult to complete one of these classes if I had a full time job. There are days when I have to stay up late into the night because of the amount of work I had due.

Despite that however, the class itself is very enjoyable. This is the second 8 week class I have taken here at Glendale Community College. I took English 101 like this as well with the same professor because I enjoyed it that much.

So what's your take on these shortened classes? Do you plan on taking any?

~The Final Spark, Rin

1 comment:

  1. I agree, you do stay up later with these type of classes but in the end its worth the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete