STEAM POWERED GIRAFFE

Monday, December 8, 2014

Entry #10 - Zero

We're all born of the same matter. However, we'e not all born equal. Why is that? So many people are told that they aren't good enough and are told their entire life that they can't be better. They are told that they are Zero. Nothing at all. But isn't it possible for that "Zero" to become something great?

Watch this video clip from YouTube and you'll understand what I mean.


There is another video I want you to watch. I know this is my final entry that I get to put a lot of emotion into... So I want to share something with you.


This video is call "To This Day." It is a very important video to me and I hope you come to appreciate it as much as I do.

I grew up being told that I wasn't worth much. I was a Zero. My mother would always say the stupid rhyme "Sticks and stone may break my bones, but words can never hurt me." I knew that was never true. Words hurt more than broken bones because the damage caused by words cannot be healed by a cast. 

Why are we told that words don't cause any damage to us? I have completely changed because of some of the things I was told growing up. Have you?

~The Final Spark, RIn

2 comments:

  1. I like how their beginnings and endings were very similar in the sense that the characters were emotionally and socially outcasted, but at the end, there is always hope when you keep trying and find it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rin--Pretty good new entries. Interesting topics and points. Keep working on analysis and development.

    ReplyDelete